Share your stories
You should submit your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patient stories template
- A brief history of condition (500 words maximum) e.g. length of pain problem,
- What were your goals in the management process?
- A list of how your condition was managed
- What options for treatment were discussed with you?
- Were pros and cons discussed with you?
- Which management options were helpful?
- How long did they help for?
- What did ‘being helpful’ mean? E.g. reduced pain, allowed you to sleep better, return to work, understood your condition better, etc
- Did you experience side effects and were these managed effectively?
- Which management options were unhelpful? What happened and why did you think they were not helpful?
- What aspect(s) of your management could you align to the pathway?
- What aspects of your management were not supported by the pathway?
- What is the global impression of the care your received?
- How do you now manage your pain?
- What helped you to move forward in managing your pain?
- What do you find difficult in managing your pain?
- What are the 3 key messages, taken from your pain experiences, that you would like to make
We will not publish your story or make it available to a third party without your written permission. However, you must be willing to use your real name and where possible, provide a photo. If you have a story to tell, whether you live with pain, or from the perspective of a carer or family member, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
Useful resources for patient stories and examples
You can see many moving personal pain stories on https://www.pain.com/en/evidence-of-relief/success-stories.html and http://www.yourpaincommunity.com/
Orofacial nerve injury support group UK:
Burning mouth syndrome (BMS) https://www.facebook.com/groups/burningmouthsyndrome/?ref=share
Burning mouth syndrome (UK) https://www.facebook.com/groups/221410511717076/?ref=share
National Migraine Centre Podcast https://www.nationalmigrainecentre.org.uk/understanding-migraine/heads-up-podcast/