Watch our Online Lectures for CPD
In order to provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for practitioners, we have published a series of online lectures that can be accessed below for a small fee. Once the lecture is finished you will be asked to complete a short online questionnaire on its contents. A certificate is then generated which you can download and include as evidence in your annual CPD return.
All income will be re-invested in creating new CPD resources for this website.
To get started, browse the lectures below and select the one that you wish to watch. Click on “Take this Course” and you will be asked to fill in a short form and make payment. Once this is complete you will receive an email with a link to the lecture and instructions on how to set up your account. You do not have to have an account already set up to get started.
It is advised by the General Dental Council Enhanced CPD Scheme (2018) that dental healthcare workers must undertake regular continued profession development (100 hours for dentists, 75 for therapists and 50 for nurses).
The Do, Reflect and Record policy enables the individual to select appropriate verifiable CPD that reflects their practice and professional interests.
The information required from the CPD provider is listed below, and demonstrates that the CPD you have undertaken is verifiable:
- The subject, learning content, aims and objectives; all presentations include learning objectives
- The anticipated GDC development outcomes of the CPD; you must record how your practice is impacted having watched and learnt from the presentations.
- The date(s) that the CPD was undertaken; the date on your certificate will be dated
- The total number of hours of CPD undertaken; the learning is structured by 1-1.5 hour presentations and ensuing Quiz (1hour). Thus, each presentation provide 2.5 hours of CPD
- The name of the professional who has participated in the CPD activity;
- That the CPD is subject to quality assurance, with the name of the person or body providing the quality assurance; Tara Renton is a professor of Oral Surgery at Kings College London. She has an international reputation for providing high quality and clinically relevant training.
- Confirmation from the provider that the information contained in it is full and accurate; Tara Renton confirms that the information provided is full and accurate.