Neuropathic Pain and how to prevent it in relation to dentistry
Description of Aims, Objectives and Outcomes
Lecture length: 1hr 23mins
This lecture will update participants in the prevention of trigeminal nerve injuries during restorative dental treatment
- The following will be discussed:
- The patient’s perspective;
- Diagnosis of trigeminal nerve injury;
- The challenges presented in the management of nerve injuries;
- An overview of minimising risk with particular reference to specific procedures;
- The outcome of nerve injuries.
- By the end of the lecture participants will:
- Be familiar with recognising and minimising risk to the trigeminal nerve when undertaking dental procedures;
- Understand the importance of preventing nerve injuries and the impact on those patients affected;
- Understand how to improve patient consent;
- Be able to develop a better strategy for assessing and identifying patients at high risk;
- Know When to refer or treat.