Predictors for Chronic Pain
Are there predictors for the outcome of painful post traumatic trigeminal neuropathy?
- The trigeminal system
- Painful Post traumatic trigeminal neuropathy (PPTTN)
- Presentation- The patient’s story
- Risk of nerve injury
- Resolution of sensory neuropathic pain (or CPSP)
- Persistence of sensory neuropathic pain (or CPSP)
- Chronic post-surgical pain / PPTTN response to treatment
- To be familiar with the several limitations of predictors for outcome of sensory nerve injury
- To recognise that the premise for outcomes maybe flawed.
- To accept that the evidence for predictors for the outcome for PPTTN has limited evidence base
- To identify the required research (and structure) to address this lack of evidence base
Lecture length: 1 hour